The biggest loss when a hard drive is damaged or broken is usually not the value of the hardware itself but the inability to access saved data. However, there are many reliable and effective data recovery software tools that you can use to retrieve and avoid data lost.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the best data recovery software on the list.
List of Best Free Data Recovery Software to Try:
Is on the top of the data recovery software list, This award winning data recovery tool can restore deleted files efficiently and quickly. Here are some of the features of Recuva:
- Superior and efficient file recovery
- Advanced scan functionality
- Secure overwrite feature
- Ability to recover files from damaged or newly formatted storage devices
- User-friendly interface
2. PC Inspector File Recovery
Is a free data recovery software for severely damaged hard drive and other storage devices. It recovers files, even when a header entry is no longer available. PC Inspector File Recovery tool focus on hard disk and driver data recovery program that supports the FAT 12/16/32 and NTFS file systems.
This software tool works well on both FAT and NTFS drives even if the boot sector has been erased or damaged. Check out some of the features of this recovery tool.
- Locate files by name easily
- Recovered files can be restored/save to a local hard disk or network drives.
- Can recover image and video of several types of files in different formats such as ARJ, AVI, BMP, and DOC to mention a few.
- Can scan just specific areas of the disc with the Cluster scanner
- Works perfectly from any Windows platform.
3. Pandora Recovery Tool
Pandora recovery tool is one of the most reliable and effective free data recovery software available out there. It allows you to find and recover deleted files from NTFS and FAT-formatted volumes. It also has a lot to offer to its users. See some of the features of this tool:
- Ability to recover deleted files from NTFS and FAT-formatted volumes
- Preview deleted files of certain types such as image and text files without doing recovery.
- Ability to recover archived, hidden, encrypted and compressed files, it packs quite a punch.
- Easy-to-use interface with lot’s of interesting functionality.
4. Undelete 360
The Undelete 360 has been built on a fast yet efficient algorithm which enables the user to restore accidentally or unintentionally deleted files from computer or any storage medium. The program algorithm will browse, search, and recover files that have been deleted as a result of an accident, a virus, or software and computer failures. Here are some of the key features of Undelete 360 tool:
- Works well on different variety of storage devices such external hard drive, USBs and other.
- Ability to preview files before recovery.
- Efficient in recovering recently deleted files as compared to other free data recovery software
- Also able to recover files of a wide variety of types such as DOC, HTML, AVI, MP3, JPEG, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.
Packed with features and a file recovery system that can easily overshadow that of any other data recovery software, TestDisk has a lot to offer for both newbies and experts. Check out some of TestDisk’s key features:
- Allows users to recover/rebuild the boot sector
- Fix or recover deleted partition table besides being able to reliably undelete files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 file systems.
- Available on all major platforms such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and etc.
Additional List of Hard Drive Recovery Software:
PhotoRec – One of the best data recovery tool you can try for free, PhotoRec is widely known for its efficient and powerful file recovery functionality. PhotoRec is designed to retrieve lost files such as video, documents, CD-ROMs, lost pictures from digital camera memory and more.
MiniTool Partition Recovery – This software sole focus is on partition recovery. MiniTool Partition Recovery able recover lost partitions from IDE disk, SATA disk, mobile hard disk, and other types of disk. This software also supports different kinds of file systems, including FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, VFAT, and NTFS. There is also no compatibility issues with Windows and other operating system.
Puran file Recovery – is a free recovery software that focuses on restoring lost or deleted files. Puran file recovery works in 3 main recovery modes. You can also edit the custom scan functionality which stores file signatures for more accurate recovery of badly damaged files.
Wise Data Recovery Tool – is one of the fastest data recovery software available today for free. The Wise data recovery tool is quick at performing file scans during recovery process. This program can get back deleted photos, documents, videos, and other type of files from local or external drives.
Stellar Data Recovery – Effective and easy-to-use data recovery software you can try for free, Stellar Data Recovery performs a stellar job in recovering lost data or files from from any platform such as Windows PC and Mac.
Disk Drill – is one of the available free data recovery software with user-friendly interface. Disk Drill can recover lost data in a minute with the tool’s comprehensive data recovery functionality. Plus it is compatible with any storage device.
Do you have additional data recovery software you want to add on the list? Comment below and let us know.